We eat this type of meal several times a week and never tire of it.
What is a Heaven on Earth Bowl?
- It’s a meal in a bowl that consists of a gluten-free grain base, a steamed vegetable middle and delicious toppings and sauces.
- It has endless variations so that no 2 Heaven on Earth Bowls are the same.
- It’s quick to make with what you have on hand, and many local ingredients can be used.
- Very few pots and dishes are needed so clean-up is quick!
As a nutritionist I love this meal because:
- It’s the perfect balance of nourishment and cleansing.
- It’s easy to digest while being satisfying.
- It uses gentle heat to add warmth and digestibility.
- It helps to promote alkalinity, an essential property of health-supportive meals.
- It uses unheated cold-pressed oils.
- It features the most wholesome, nourishing clean grains.
- It includes an abundance of vegetables, which should ideally make up at least half of the diet.
- It uses raw toppings and sauces, so the meal is fresh and alive.
The class consists of:
- A lecture talking about the Heaven on Earth concept and the importance of the various components.
- Samples of several delicious and unique Heaven on Earth Bowls.
- Ideas for a multitude of Heaven on Earth Bowls.
- Handouts with recipes including Gluten-Free Grain Bases, Vegetable Ideas, Toppings, Sauces (Miso-Tahini Gravy, Thai Coconut Sauce, Teriyaki Sauce, Cheesy Sauce), and Protein Sides (Baked Tempeh, Curried Tofu, Navy Bean Stew, etc.)
Cost: $63 + HST
“I regularly eat heaven on earth bowls and feel like a new person since your workshop. Today I had black rice and ricotta and tomatoes and olive oil and steamed kale in a bowl for myself and for a colleague.Whenever I cannot figure out what to eat I just think about you and create a combo bowl with what I feel like that I know is nutritious and comforting. The change has been slow in my pattern of eating but the result are consistent. I have more energy and have lost almost 20 pounds!” G.S.